Histon v Leighton Town

Southern League Cup - 3rd Round

Tuesday 25th January 2005

1 Lance Key
2 Louie Farrington
3 Erkan Okay
4 Roscoe Hipperson 1
5 Mark Webster
6 Adrian Cambridge
7 Robbbie Nightingale
8 Neil Andrews 1
9 Neil Kennedy 1
10 Ian Cambridge
11 Jamie Barker

12 Wayne Goddard 10
14 Nathanial Knight-Percival for 8 1
15 Colin Vowden for 2
16 Charles Libam Not Used

An extra time goal from Neil Kennedy put Histon into the 4th Round of the Southern League Cup, but the Premier Division side was made to fight all the way by a hard working Leighton Town.

Both sides came out of the starting gate to play the game at 100mph on a heavy pitch, Jamie Barker opening up the Town defence early on, but his tame shot only found keeper Lee Clark arms, on ten minutes Town's Matt Rawdon tested Lance Key, Key tipping over for a corner, on 23 minutes the Southern League - Eastern Division side had the lead, a ball fizzed in from the right found the boot of Matt Rawdon whose flick found the roof of the night, the lead lasted until 32 minutes, a series of corner kicks found the head of returning Roscoe Hipperson.

With the clock on 45 minutes Histon broke down the left, a neat side wards pass was played into the path of in coming Neil Andrews, whose shot gave little chance to the keeper as the ball hit the top of the goal. with just a minute on the clock of the second half Town levelled the scores, a mistake from Key saw the ball slip out of the keepers gasp and into the path of Rawdon for his second of the night, with 77 minutes on the clock, the home defence made a costly error, as Luke Melisi picked up on a loose ball to bear down on Key's goal, Melesi gave Key no chance as he slotted the ball past the keeper to make 3 - 2, the lead lasted a little over 4 minutes, a cross from Kennedy found the head of Nathaniel Knight-Percival who headed home his first goal for the senior side.

Both sides went looking for the winning goal but the tie was taken in to extra time, and with 112 minutes on the clock, Kennedy scored the fatal goal to take his side into the 4th Round, a cross from the right was missed by Simon Jackson, the ball fell kindly at the feet of Kennedy who made no mistake as he beat the keeper.

Make your own free website on Tripod.com