Make your own free website on
Histon v Fisher Athletic (London)

Southern League Cup - 4th Round

Tuesday 8th February 2005

Attendance - 103

1 Lance Key
2 Matty Haniver
3 Neil Coburn
4 Roscoe Hipperson 1
5 Colin Vowden 1
6 Adrian Cambridge
7 Robbie Nightingale 1
8 Neil Andrews (c)
9 Neil Kennedy 1
10 Jamie Barker
11 Nathaniel Knight-Percival 1

12 Ian Cambridge Not Used
14 Wayne Goddard Replaced Neil Andrews 83mins
15 Mark Webster Replaced Adrian Cambridge 78mins

Sitting top of the Southern League - Eastern Division, Fisher Athletic would be a test for Histon in the 4th Round of the Southern League Cup, Histon fielding a strong first team, with Ian Cambridge dropping down to the bench, Neil Coburn coming in for a rare start for the missing Erkan Okay, while Louie Farrington was unavailable, The changes to the starting line saw Histon line up different, with the a strike partnership of Neil Kennedy and Jamie Barker, while 17 year old Nathaniel Knight-Percival taking his place on the wing.

The game started brightly for both sides, both trying to play football to feet, the Histon defence looked strong with Vowden and Hipperson shadowing Fisher centre forward, Steve Watts, who was making his presence felt, on 10 minutes Robbie Nightingale is first to test the keeper, moments later Knight-Percival breaks free, but his shot goes wide, without testing the keeper, at the other end Lance Key saves well from Watts.

Further chances had falling to Jamie Barker and Neil Kennedy, but on 24 minutes the home side made the break, midfielder, Adie Cambridge picked up the ball in the centre, his vision picked out the running of Robbie Nightingale, Nightingale turned one defender inside the area, looked up and picked out the top corner of the net to place the ball, giving keeper Andy Bell little chance.

On 30 minutes, young set up old for Histon's second goal, Knight-Percival's cross found Kennedy, having seen Bell save his shot, Kennedy made sure with the rebound to score from close range.

With the half time break looming, Histon scored the third, a corner kick find the head of defender Roscoe Hipperson, whose glancing header found the far corner, however, there was still time for Fisher to attack, with Key producing a fine save from Lenny Piper, while Vowden cleared off the line from Chris Piper.

On 53 minutes Fisher got the goal they deserved, Watts made it to the by-line, his square ball found Hamid Barr unmarked to side foot pass Key.

The goal lifted the London side, but on 70 minutes, the fourth goal came, Nightingale's flick found Kennedy out on the touch line, Kennedy's cross caught keeper Bell in two minds and under pressure from Knight-Percival, the youngest was able to head home from close range.

The rout was complete in second half injury time, Hipperson saw his header saved from a Mark Webster corner, but the rebound fell kindly onto Vowden's head who looped his effort over the keeper and into the net.